Stop ~ Breathe ~ Surrender ~ Be
Live To Be YOU!
ARRIVING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
• Please arrive in time to stop by the restroom that is locarted on the first floor, to the left of the elevator. I am located on the second floor to the left as you come off the elevator.
• First time clients should arrive at minimum of 15 minutes prior to the appointment to complete necessary paperwork and allow time for consultation.
• Regular Massage Therapy Clients should arrive 5-10 minutes before their scheduled time so that their massage can begin on time.
• Massage Therapy Clients that are late will have their session time shortened by the amount of time they are late.
• A $40 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
• Please leave valuables, children, and pets at home.
DURING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
• Relax and be seated in our lobby, where I will come out to greet you, at your scheduled appointment time. The appointment will begin with a discussion about the information you provided on the Health History form. Use this opportunity to discuss:
• Your motivation for scheduling the appointment (pain, stress, an injury, etc.)
• Your preference on massage style (relaxation, deep tissue, sports, energy work)
• Your preference on pressure level (light, moderate, firm, or deep)
• If you are pregnant, have a serious injury or illness, or any other condition of which I should be made aware, please mention it at this time. A few extra minutes may be required before the start of a pre-natal treatment (and others that require special preparation and caution).
• It is important that you mention any areas of your body that you especially do or do not want massaged. If you request a full-body massage, the session may include work on the scalp, face, neck/collarbone area, shoulders, arms, hands, back, hips, legs, and feet. However, based on your input, the massage routine will be tailored according to your specific needs and your comfort level. I highly encourage your feedback on what you would like the massage to exclude.
• Once the intake discussion is complete, I will leave the room so that you may undress in private. Rest assured, I will always use a sheet as draping for modesty, only exposing the area on which I am currently working. You may disrobe down to your own personal comfort level, removing some or all of your clothing. However, please be aware that I may not be able to work on certain areas if clothing obstructs them. I will never however, ask you to remove clothing and will do my best to work around it.
Once you have disrobed, lie on the massage table face up, completely underneath the top sheet and blanket. After a few minutes, I will knock on the door and ask if I may reenter the treatment room.
• Throughout your entire appointment, if you are uncomfortable for any reason (perhaps you are cold, or the pressure is too little or too much, maybe you are experiencing pain, etc.), you should always feel free to communicate this openly. It is your right. Keep in mind that this is your massage. I have been trained to modify my work accordingly and rely on your honest feedback to deliver the most effective treatment. I will periodically check-in with you to confirm that the session is in line with what you requested at the beginning of the appointment and that your expectations are being met.
• Once the treatment is complete, I will again leave the room, giving you privacy to redress. Please, open the treatment room door as soon as you are done. I will then reenter the room so that you can briefly discuss any changes you feel, recommended self-care, and a treatment plan. You are encouraged to provide feedback about the massage at this time.